SOCIAL MEDIA DOESN’T HAVE TO BE DIFFICULT – HERE ARE 10 BASIC CONCEPTS!
1. PLATFORMS – it’s important to know where your target audience is and WORK that platform heavily. And if you see it working – WORK it MORE!
2. PLANNING/SCHEDULING – set times every day or week to dedicate to social media.
3. INSPIRATION – when inspiration strikes dedicate some time to crafting your content. You can then post it a later date but don’t let moments of magic pass you by.
4. BRAND ALIGNMENT – everything you do and say on social (as well as in real life!) has to be aligned with your brand, philosophy and culture. People can smell FAKE on social.
5. VIDEO is the new frontier! It humanizes your brand.
6. HUMAN/AUTHENTICITY – “Connections are formed in the cracks!” People respond more to content that is human, raw and authentic than too polished and perfect.
7. DOCUMENT AS WELL AS CREATE – Document your business journey and take your audience along for the ride.
8. EXECUTE FIRST – ASSESS LATER – it’s easy to overthink things and over-strategise to the point of paralysis. EXECUTION IS KEY! Learn, adapt and develop your voice as you go.
9. BUILD YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA MUSCLE – Growing and measuring your social media activities takes time.
10. LEVERAGE YOUR CONTENT ! You can extract, repurpose and repackage loads of content from just one piece – written, audio and video.